We love chocolate eggs and jelly beans but we don’t love seeing our kids sugar out. Here are some alternative Easter Basket ideas that celebrate spring and a return of the sun and warmer weather. Any of these will be a hit in an Easter basket! And, you can still have candy!
But first, a little science lesson for your young one:
For Babies and Preschoolers:
PushArounds are great for developing balance and ﬁne motor skill development through play. Babies and toddlers love to push and pull these bright stained rolling eco-friendly toys. Shaped from a single piece of earth friendly Rubberwood, this whimsical toy is a delight to hold and play with. Choose either (or both) the yellow Ducky or green Car.
- Push toys help develop balance and fine motor skills.
- Rubber wheel rims help protect your floors.
- Made from eco-friendly materials: Natural Rubber and Rubberwood colored with water-based stains.
Your baby will love Haba’s Flapsi Rattle! It’s a wooden clutching toy makes a click-clack sound when shaken to stimulate baby’s senses. Made in Germany from Beech wood. Ages 6 months +.
- Great outdoor activity to express creativity and imagination
- Create fun driveway and sidewalk games like Hopscotch, Tic-Tac-Toe and Four Square
- Colored, non-toxic chalk comes in a 4-pack is shaped like an egg and is environmentally safe
- Recommended for children 3-years of age and older
Our “Super Skip Rope” measures 15 feet long – big enough for 3 jumpers! This is a high quality jump rope (not like those plastic jump ropes that don’t really work.) Package includes skip rope history, techniques and skip rope rhymes. Colors are assorted. If there’s fewer of you one end can be tied to a door handle or a fence post. Made in USA. For ages 5 and older.
Make unique and beautiful sun art prints. All you need is sunshine, water, natural or everyday items & your creativity! Just five easy steps:
- Select items and create composition,
- Layout items on paper and cover with reusable acrylic sheet,
- Expose to sunlight until Sun Art Paper turns light blue,
- Remove Sun Art Paper and rinse with water, and
- Let Sun Art Paper dry.
Includes 15 sheets 5″ x 7″ paper and reusable acrylic sheet. Made in USA.
Spring means the return of bugs & other critters! If your little scientist likes to catch bugs, they’ll love this bug viewer box! It’s bug friendly: you catch them, view them and then set them free. The Eye Spy bug viewer isn’t just for bugs, though. Your scientist can get a closer look at all sorts of small things like flowers, coins, leaves, stamps and more.
Each container has a magnifying lid with air holes to keep bugs alive while you size them up with the measuring grid on the bottom. This is one of the highest quality bug boxes you’ll find. Ages 5+
Egg-dying time is the perfect time to experiment with the scientific properties of eggs. Investigate how strong an eggshell is. Build shock-resistant egg-protecting devices.
Fun kit includes 8 egg protecting contraptions (parachute drop, egg dive, egg flight, super shell, tricky crush, balloon cushion, spine shield and straw cell). Kids will enjoy the action while they learn about physics, gravity and more. Illustrated guide included. Ages 8-14.
Is the Easter Bunny coming to your house?